From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/APG-81. Needs checking by a human.
- AN- : U.S. military nomenclature for electronic equipment, following the Joint Electronics Type Designation System
- APG-63 : A radar system for F-15 Eagle and, in its fourth version, F-15E Strike Eagle fighters
- F-18 Super Hornet : A new generation of carrier-based fighter beyond the F-18 Hornet, this evolution provides an architecture with even greater expansion, especially with the AN/APG-79 AESA radar, more powerful computers and communications, and a new engine with longer range.
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter : A family of 5th generation multirole fighter, being developed in versions to operate from conventional airfields, in short takeoff and vertical landing for small carrier and forward-based land operations, and in carrier-capable conventional takeoff and landing.
- F-35C Lightning II : U.S. Navy version of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, intended for carrier operations
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.