From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Electronics countermeasures suite controller : A computer aboard a protected vehicle, which both aids in situational awareness of weapon and sensor threats to the vehicles, and reduces crew workload in countering the threats. Practical implementations usually include at least one electronic warfare function in the controller, such as a radar warning receiver or electronic warfare expendables dispenser.
- MIL-STD-1553 : An extensively used interconnection standard among military electronics components, slow in comparison with local area networks but intended for simple command-response control in electrically noisy environments
- Ethernet : An early proprietary standard for local area networks developed by IEEE Project 802; the term has become generic for various connectors and communications techniques although the name of a standard would be more precise.
- RS-232 : Add brief definition or description
- RS-485 : Add brief definition or description
This are not literally subtopics, but have a stronger relationship than "Other". Controlled systems can be controlled by other devices.
Electronic warfare expendables dispensers
- PIDS : Add brief definition or description
- ALE-47 : An intelligent countermeasures dispenser for military aircraft, which can receive commands directly from warning receivers, and dispense expendable radar and infrared decoys, as well as manage a retrievable decoy towed via an fiber optic cable
- ALE-50 : An expendable, actively transmitting radar decoy pod that is towed behind the aircraft it protects
Radar warning receivers
- ALR-68 : Add brief definition or description
- ALR-69 : A radar warning receiver that characterizes the threat beyond simple warning; of early 2000s vintage on aircraft including the A-10 Thunderbolt II, MC-130 COMBAT TALON, MH-53 PAVE LOW, F-16 Fighting Falcon and C-130 Hercules
- ALR-56 : A radar warning receiver, part of the electronic warfare suite for most F-15 series fighter aircraft
- SPS-1000V5 : Add brief definition or description
- APR-39 : A radar warning receiver and electronics countermeasures suite controller that provides coverage for C/D and E through J band CW radar, used on helicopters and slow fixed-wing aircraft
- ALQ-131 : A pod-mounted intelligent radar jammer of 1990 vintage, with capabilities against both continuous wave and pulse radar in different frequency bands
- ALQ-162 : A continuous wave radar jammer, used primarily on helicopters against semi-active radar homing missiles
- ALQ-165 : An obsolete electronic warfare jammer on F-111 and F-18 Super Hornet aircraft, replaced on the Super Hornets with the AN/ALQ-214
- ALQ-176 : A very modular radar jammer primarily used in special applications such as "aggressor" jammer aircraft for training, and experimentally in an unmanned aerial vehicle-based electronic attack system
- ALQ-184 : A 1990s-vintage multiband radar jammer, in current use, that can use the AN/ALE-50 towed decoy, used by the U.S. and Taiwan
- EL-L-8222 : An electronic warfare radar jamming pod made by the Elta Electronics subsidiary of Israel Aircraft Industries, intended for large aircraft while a different package exists for tactical airplanes
Missile launch warning systems
- AAR-47 : A threat detector for aircraft; all versions detect the heat of oncoming missiles; modified versions also detect laser designator beams
- AAR-54 : Using multiple ultraviolet sensors, this is an missile exhaust detector and alarm
- AAR-57 : Mounted on aircraft, the system detects the ultraviolet energy emissions of missile threats
- AAR-60 : Made by European EADS, a multiple-target-capable missile detector used on the helicopters and maritime patrol aircraft of a number of nations, including Australia, France, Germany, India and South Korea
- EL-M-2160 : An missile warning receiver made by the Elta Electronics subsidiary of Israel Aircraft Industries, in versions for both military use and to protect civil aircraft.