From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- A-10 Thunderbolt II : A heavily armed close air support and ground attack aircraft, which can loiter over a battlefield and then hit targets with great accuracy, while retaining high survivability against ground fire.
- C-130 Hercules : An extremely successful (in production for over 50 years) medium-range military transport aircraft with an extremely wide range of variants, including tanker, special operations and C3I-ISR, and ski-equipped LC-130.
- F-4 Phantom II : An extremely successful third-generation fighter, the first effective multirole fighter, which, even after its replacement as a first-line fighter, continued in reconnaissance and suppression of enemy air defense roles well into the 1990s.
- F-16 Fighting Falcon : A relatively lightweight land-based multirole fighter, developed by the United States Air Force; co-produced with Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; operated by many nations and to be replaced by the F-35A Lightning II. The F-16CJ model is optimized for SEAD.
- Operation DESERT STORM : That part of the Gulf War, beginning with the first air strikes at 02:00 local time, 17 January 1991, until the main ground assault into Kuwait, Operation DESERT SABRE
- AN/ALR-69 : A radar warning receiver that characterizes the threat beyond simple warning; of early 2000s vintage on aircraft including the A-10 Thunderbolt II, MC-130 COMBAT TALON, MH-53 PAVE LOW, F-16 Fighting Falcon and C-130 Hercules
- AN/ALQ-213 : A Danish Air Force-designed electronics countermeasures suite controller used on aircraft of many countries