From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/AK-47. Needs checking by a human.
- Abdul Haq (Uighur) : A member of the Uighur ethnic group who directed a camp of Uighurs in the Tora Bora mountains in Afghanistan.
- Assault rifle : An individual weapon intended for infantry combat, which fires an intermediate-power cartridge, has a large magazine, and can fire fixed bursts (usually 3 shots) or in full-automatic mode
- CIA activities in the Middle East and South Asia : Add brief definition or description
- Huzaifa Parhat : Add brief definition or description
- Infantry : Soldiers that directly confront the enemy, overcoming them with fire and maneuver while on foot or in specialized vehicles
- M16 (rifle) : The primary U.S. infantry rifle, an assault rifle firing 5.56mm intermediate power ammunition; M4 (rifle) is the carbine (i.e., shorter-length) version
- Machine gun : A firearm capable not only of full-automatic fire, but with additional features, such as large ammunition supply mechanisms, barrel cooling or quick-change features, etc., that lets it fire for prolonged periods
- Submachine gun : A firearm that can shoot a pistol cartridge (i.e., less powerful than a rifle cartridge) in full-automatic mode
- U.S. support to South Vietnam before Gulf of Tonkin : A period of overt advisory and combat support by the U.S. to South Vietnam, from roughly 1962 to mid-1964
- Vietnam War military technology : Military technology in support of ground operations, including helicopters and air assault, either associated with or introduced in Vietnam, between 1962 and 1975
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China