AGM-86 ALCM/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to AGM-86 ALCM, or pages that link to AGM-86 ALCM or to this page or whose text .
- Guided missile : A weapon that flies through air or space, under its own power, which adjusts its course to hit its target.
- Air-to-surface missile : Launched from an fixed-wing aircraft or helicopter, missiles of this category have a wide variety of ranges, sensors, autonomy vs. man-in-the-loop control, warheads, and need for battle damage assessment
- Cruise missile : A guided missile that uses aerodynamic forces, as well as active jet or rocket propulsion, to stay airborne and to adjust its course.
- Operation DESERT STORM : That part of the Gulf War, beginning with the first air strikes at 02:00 local time, 17 January 1991, until the main ground assault into Kuwait, Operation DESERT SABRE
- Precision-guided munition : A powered or unpowered weapon that adjusts its flight path to hit a specific target, with a circular error probability in the low number of meters, often less than the radius of destruction
- B-52 Superfortress (bomber) : United States Air Force heavy bomber, first version flown in 1952, entered service in 1961, expected to stay operational until at least 2030
- B-1 Lancer : A U.S. supersonic-capable heavy bomber, with reduced observability but not the full stealth of the B-2 Spirit, which is limited to non-nuclear missions by strategic arms control agreements
- B-2 Spirit : Add brief definition or description