AGM-65 Maverick/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to AGM-65 Maverick, or pages that link to AGM-65 Maverick or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/AGM-65 Maverick. Needs checking by a human.
- A-10 Thunderbolt II : A heavily armed close air support and ground attack aircraft, which can loiter over a battlefield and then hit targets with great accuracy, while retaining high survivability against ground fire.
- AC-130 : Heavily armed transport aircraft, based on the C-130 Hercules, used to provide air support to special operations forces.
- AGM-84 SLAM : An air-launched land-attack missile derived from the AGM-84 Harpoon, an anti-shipping missile
- APG-63 : A radar system for F-15 Eagle and, in its fourth version, F-15E Strike Eagle fighters
- APG-78 : A U.S. Army millimeter wave radar system shared among the Longbow versions of the AH-64 Apache heavy attack helicopter, AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, and the OH-58 Kiowa Warrior scout helicopter
- Air-to-surface missile : Launched from an fixed-wing aircraft or helicopter, missiles of this category have a wide variety of ranges, sensors, autonomy vs. man-in-the-loop control, warheads, and need for battle damage assessment
- Electronics countermeasures suite controller : A computer aboard a protected vehicle, which both aids in situational awareness of weapon and sensor threats to the vehicles, and reduces crew workload in countering the threats. Practical implementations usually include at least one electronic warfare function in the controller, such as a radar warning receiver or electronic warfare expendables dispenser.
- F-18 Hornet : A relatively lightweight carrier-capable multirole fighter, developed by the United States Navy and used by several nations, including Canada, in land-based roles; a fourth-generation fighter gradually being replaced by the F-18E/F Super Hornet, and then the F-35.
- F-18 Super Hornet : A new generation of carrier-based fighter beyond the F-18 Hornet, this evolution provides an architecture with even greater expansion, especially with the AN/APG-79 AESA radar, more powerful computers and communications, and a new engine with longer range.
- North American Air Defense Command : The joint Canada-U.S. military organization responsible for aerospace threat warning and defense for North America
- P-3 Orion : Land-based maritime patrol aircraft designed for the U.S. Navy; enhanced for littoral and land surveillance