From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- AN- : U.S. military nomenclature for electronic equipment, following the Joint Electronics Type Designation System
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Missile warning receiver : An electronic warfare subsystem that detects the thermal energy, or other signatures, of a missile launch or its flight, in order to take defensive measures
- Infrared countermeasures : Equipment and flying techniques that can break the lock of a heat-seeking missile on a target aircraft.
Aircraft using AAR-57
- AC-130 : Heavily armed transport aircraft, based on the C-130 Hercules, used to provide air support to special operations forces.
- C-130 Hercules : An extremely successful (in production for over 50 years) medium-range military transport aircraft with an extremely wide range of variants, including tanker, special operations and C3I-ISR, and ski-equipped LC-130.
- CH-47 Chinook : Medium transport helicopter developed by the U.S. Army and used by a wide range of countries
- EC-130 COMPASS CALL : electronic warfare (communications jamming) and communications intelligence aircraft, optimized for broadcast bands of television and radio
- F-16 Fighting Falcon : A relatively lightweight land-based multirole fighter, developed by the United States Air Force; co-produced with Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; operated by many nations and to be replaced by the F-35A Lightning II. The F-16CJ model is optimized for SEAD.
- MC-130 COMBAT SHADOW : A long-range U.S. Air Force Special Operations Command aircraft intended to refuel special operations helicopters, and carry out other clandestine functions such as leaflet drops
- MC-130 COMBAT SPEAR : Evolutionary upgrade of the MC-130H COMBAT TALON II, with improved avionics, structure, and ability to support CV-22 Ospreys as well as helicopters
- MC-130 COMBAT TALON : Special operations transport aircraft primarily intended to support ground forces in denied areas, by airdrop or assault landing; secondary capability of helicopter refueling and navigational assistance.
- MH-53 Pave Low : United States Air Force special operations helicopter that can fly at night, at extremely low altiude, and in most weather. Its main missions are delivering and retrieving special operations personnel; replaced by the CV-22