559th Transportation Group/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to 559th Transportation Group, or pages that link to 559th Transportation Group or to this page or whose text .
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China
- Ho Chi Minh trail : A complex of roads and other facilities, from North Vietnam to South Vietnam via Laos and Cambodia, used to infiltrate military forces into the South
- Vietnam, war, and the United States : The interactions of the Vietnam War with United States domestic politics and public opinion, and, in turn, how domestic considerations affected the military situation
- Air operations against North Vietnam : Strategic strike, offensive counter-air, special operations and battlefield air interdiction operations carried out against North Vietnam, 1964-1975, by U.S. forces operating from Thailand, South Korea, Guam, and aircraft carriers
- Operation LINEBACKER I : A U.S. bombing campaign targeted against the specific North Vietnamese infrastructure of the Ho Chi Minh trail, with the operational-level goal of interrupting the supply line to People's Army of Viet Nam conventional troops in the South.
- Dong Sy Nguyen : People's Army of Viet Nam officer commanding operations of the Ho Chi Minh trail
- Pathet Lao : A Communist revolutionary organization, allied with the Viet Minh and Democratic Republic of Vietnam, which began as part of coalition and anticolonialist governments in the 1950s and 1960s, and gained control of Laos in 1975
- MACV-SOG : The U.S. organization responsible for covert operations against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, as well as related cross-border operations from South Vietnam into Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War; the abbreviation had an unclassified cover meaning, but was actually the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Special Operations Group