3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, or pages that link to 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment or to this page or whose text .
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- XVIII Airborne Corps : A corps headquarters of the United States Army, long reserved for highly mobile strategic reserve operations but now deployed when the corps level of command is needed; headed by LTG Frank Helmick
- Gulf War : The conflict started by the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990, and ended with the liberation of Kuwait and major damage to Iraqi forces, by a US-led UN coalition in 1991.
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- H. R. McMaster : Brigadier general, United States Army, Director, Concepts Development and Experimentation, Army Capabilities Integration Center, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command; commanded 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment at Tal Afar; commander at Battle of 73 Easting; historian and author of Dereliction of Duty, a major work on decisionmaking during the Vietnam War; fellow, Hoover Institution, 2002-2003; member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Martin Dempsey : General in the U.S. Army, commanding Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC)