1993 World Trade Center bombing/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to 1993 World Trade Center bombing, or pages that link to 1993 World Trade Center bombing or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/1993 World Trade Center bombing. Needs checking by a human.
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- Al-Khifa : A branch of the Services Office operating in the U.S., supporting the anti-Soviet forces in the Afghanistan War (1978-1992); directed by Abdullah Azzam and at least affiliated with al-Qaeda personnel
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- CIA activities in Iran : Add brief definition or description
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S. : Policies, techniques and practices of United States interrogation in a national intelligence-gathering context. (See Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration for recent detailed discussions)
- Jamaat al-Islamiyya : An Egyptian jihadist organization, derived from the Muslim Brotherhood, which conducted terror operations primarily in Egypt in the 1990s; it has renounced violence but members have affiliated with al-Qaeda and other groups
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed : Described by the U.S. and by his own proud statement, the operational planner, for al-Qaeda, of the 9-11 attack; a U.S. High Value Detainee to be tried in a civilian criminal court in U.S. v. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, et al.
- Paul Wolfowitz : An American political scientist and policy-level foreign affairs official, of a neoconservative ideology; resident American Enterprise Institute and on International Security Advisory Board; Deputy Secretary of Defense in the George W. Bush Administration; advisor, Project for the New American Century
- Ramzi Yousef : A participant in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, now serving life without parole in a U.S. prison; the nephew of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and involved in what, at the time, was an informal worldwide network of jihadists
- Richard Clarke : Career U.S. defense official who served in policy posts in the Ronald Reagan,George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush Administrations, specializing in counterterrorism in the latter two
- Services Office : An Arab organization, principally based in Pakistan with a U.S. branch called al-Khifa, which supported Afghans against the Soviets in the Afghanistan War (1978-92), but also was an ancestor of radical jihadist movements
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- U.S. Intelligence and terrorism in the 1990s : Tracking and actions against terrorism by the United States intelligence community in the 1990s
- World Trade Center : The New York office complex, centered around twin skyscrapers 110 stories high, which was destroyed by a terrorist attack on September 11, 2001