1925 Geneva Protocol/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to 1925 Geneva Protocol, or pages that link to 1925 Geneva Protocol or to this page or whose text .
- Biological weapon : Living organisms, or substances produced by living organisms, used as weapons to produce death or disease in human or agricultural populations
- Chemical weapon : A weapon that cause death or disease by means of chemical interaction with the metabolism of the victim, as opposed to causing injury through blast, thermal, or other effects not on a molecular level
- Weapons of mass destruction : Weapons that cause death or injury not primarily through kinetic energy of projectiles or the detonation of conventional explosives, but rather produce large-scale effects greater than possible with the same weight of explosives weapons; by means heat, blast and radiation from nuclear weapon; poisoning by chemical weapon; infectious disease by biological weapons; or acute or chronic radiation syndromes from radiological weapons.
- Chemical Weapons Convention : Arms control treaty which prohibits the production, use and possession of chemical weapons and related assets.
- Biological Weapons and Toxins Convention : International agreement banning the production and use of biological weapons, recognizing that there are also legitimate medical, research, and industrial uses for organisms that have potential use in biological warfare
- Missile Technology Control Regime : Informal and voluntary association of countries which share the goals of non-proliferation of unmanned delivery systems capable of delivering weapons of mass destruction.
- Counterproliferation : The set of activities that detect and monitor the threat of weapons of special concern against one's own nation and one's allies.