175mm gun/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
175mm gun: Vietnam-era long-range U.S. field artillery rifle, outranging Soviet 130mm gun; longer range but smaller shell than 8" howitzer; shared chassis with U.S. 8" howitzer; displaced by guided missiles
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Artillery : Crew-served military devices for propelling payloads over distance
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Israeli Defense Forces : The combined ground, air, and naval armed forces of the state of Israel
- 130mm gun : An older piece of Soviet-designed artillery, which outranged most light (105mm) and medium 155mm howitzers of its time
- 8" howitzer : Usually considered the most accurate of howitzers, gradually was displaced, due to its weight and size, by improved 155mm howitzers and guided missiles; towed and self-propelled (SP) versions; U.S. SP version shared chassis with 175mm gun
- Counterbattery : Defense against enemy artillery involving identifying the point of origin of hostile fire and directing lethal force against it