An encyclopedia project—and more!
Welcome to Citizendium, a wiki-based endeavor to provide free knowledge with the highest standards of writing, reliability, and informativeness. We welcome anyone who wants to share their knowledge by writing well-researched and authoritative articles on virtually any subject, and by improving articles written by others. Please read through our easy registration procedures, then join us as an Author and perhaps also as a recognised expert Editor.
- We have 16,442 articles at different stages of development, of which 165 are expert-approved.
- Our community is collegial and congenial; everyone writes under his or her verified real name.
- We welcome anyone who has knowledge, broad or narrow, about any subject. Sign up—we need Authors, and from amongst them, specialist Editors.
- We prefer new material but allow work from other sites to be imported and improved under certain conditions.
- For a brief guide on what Citizendium is and is not, see Myths and Facts; for more details, see the frequently-asked questions page.
- Students in higher education write here as part of their courses under our Eduzendium initiative.
- We have a Charter to provide a framework for governance.
- For more details on participation, see Why Citizendium? and Why I Contribute.
- To learn more about the project, see our article on ourselves, our Help System, our financial report and our Statistics page.
- Follow us on Friendfeed, Twitter (general news; new pages), Facebook or Google+.
| Our help system
|Questions and answers to help you find the information you need
From the HOME page you can get started, get technical help, see our policies, and explore our organization in detail.